1) A new global dictionary is created.
2) One by one, the implementing Pico's (i.e. 'real' Pico) functions are added to this environment. This way, they become accessible in the implemented (i.e. the metacircular Pico) Pico.
3) The dictionaries are installed such that the implemented Pico's
void refer to the corresponding global system variables
False this is not possible yet as they are implemented
in Pico themselves. See 4) and 5). Therefore, they are temporarily taken to be
3) The primitives implemented im Pico are installed by parsing and evaluating their code. This will also
false in the global dictionary, and will thus replace the corresponding
4) The global system variables
False can now be looked up in the global dictionary. Notice that
this is somehow mind-boggling: the system variables
False used heavily by the evaluator
where implemented in the language by that evaluator itself.